Annual checkups, physicals, vaccinations, and more. One place for all your family’s health care needs.
WHAT IS PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE?
PREVENTIVE CARE IS DESIGNED TO AVERT AND PREVENT DISEASES WITH AN AIM TO PROTECT, PROMOTE, AND MAINTAIN THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES.
FOCUS OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
The focus of preventive medicine is to improve the health status and immunity of individuals so that the body is strong enough to reject the threats of infections and diseases.
All organs and systems in a human body are interconnected, so any disease that affects one part of the body will have a detrimental effect on the rest. By considering the whole body as a unit, preventive medicine acts as a shield to protect the complete body.
- Physical Examination
- Annual checkups
- Immunization and Vaccination
- Pulmonary Health
- Allergy testing and management
- Cholesterol Screening and Management
- Blood Pressure Screening and Management
- Nutrition Therapy
- Anti-aging/ Hormonal Testing and Treatment
- Cardiovascular Screening
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Depression Screening
- Blood Pressure Management
- Diabetes/blood Sugar Management
- Cholesterol Management
- Pap Smear
- Tests for Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- HIV Testing and Screening
- Weight Management
- Smoking and Alcohol Cessation
- Stress Management
- Athlete’s Health Screening
- Patient Education
- Counseling and Advice
- Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases
- Genetic Screening for Breast Cancer and Cervical and Ovarian Cancer in Certain Women
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF PREVENTIVE CARE?
- Recovery time against the disease is reduced
- Improvement in overall health status
- You enjoy greater energy levels and increased productivity in all aspects of life
- Improved physical health status provides mental peace and confidence
- Long term expenditure on healthcare is reduced
- Chances of recovery against fatal diseases are improved
- owing to early diagnosis by regular screening
- The overall quality of life is improved
YOUR ANNUAL WELNESS VISIT
It is important to visit a preventive care physician every year. It keeps you aware of your current body condition, healthcare needs, and future risks. It’s your opportunity to discuss any medical concern with your doctor. Let them know about the changes you’ve experienced in the past year.
We are committed to making Manhattan Medical Arts a happier and healthier place for all of you. We help you develop good habits and adopt a healthy lifestyle by providing compassionate care and personalized counseling. We provide you and your family an easy access to medical resources.
One Stop Solution for All Your Family’s Health Care Needs
ONGOING CARE FOR CHRONIC DISEASES
Manhattan Medical Arts’ preventive care specialists provide diagnostic and symptom management in West Village, New York, aimed at minimizing the impact of illness with a special focus on prevention.
Contact us now to schedule your annual visit or learn more about preventive medicine and treatment.